Hallo All,
My son bought the Amilo D 7830 about 4 years ago.
Some months ago it stopped booting up. He eventually put it in the cupboard and got a notebook from work.
I have now got it and am trying to get it going again.
Symptoms.
Totally dead. Wont boot.
Battery seems dead. Mains charger working, tested with avo meter but notebook wont boot.
No power lights showing on notebook. New battery ordered.
On searching web I have read that this model has a Power Management Sytem Chip which is either faulty or can be reset. I am capable of dismantling the guts to reset whatever whereever this chip is.
Has anybody gots any answers, is it a metter of disconnecting the chip, shorting jumpers, holding a selection of keys when switching on.
Help, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Regards
Ralph

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for ebritoa

I own the same laptop with the same problem.

Have you solved it?
Thank you.

Hallo All,
My son bought the Amilo D 7830 about 4 years ago.
Some months ago it stopped booting up. He eventually put it in the cupboard and got a notebook from work.
I have now got it and am trying to get it going again.
Symptoms.
Totally dead. Wont boot.
Battery seems dead. Mains charger working, tested with avo meter but notebook wont boot.
No power lights showing on notebook. New battery ordered.
On searching web I have read that this model has a Power Management Sytem Chip which is either faulty or can be reset. I am capable of dismantling the guts to reset whatever whereever this chip is.
Has anybody gots any answers, is it a metter of disconnecting the chip, shorting jumpers, holding a selection of keys when switching on.
Help, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Regards
Ralph

same problem over here ... any news for me?

I would be very pleased

dead Amilo D7830

(problem started with video adapter)

(problem started with video adapter)

care to elaborate on what that means !

The power connector on the motherboard could be loose and need to be solderd. Can you get any power lights or battery charging lights if you wiggle the adaptor

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.