So my stepmom had got an emachine a while back and her exhusband took it and missed it up....so he said he would get it fixed....so when he returned it...the tower would not power up....so she got a new power cord and still nothing....so than she opened it up and some of the cords had been unplugged....so my question is where do I go to find where the cords go into...so I can see if that is just the problem...before having her go buy a new computer....is there a website or can someone talk me through it??? Please help!!!:'(

This site has a tutorial for building a computer, with this you should be able to identify and install the cards in their proper location.

I will add a caution, electrostatic shock can kill some of the board components, to avoid this touch the metal of the case before you touch anything inside, this should discharge any static electricity that you have built up in your body.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.