Hi everyone
My pc's pci slots not working from one week ago. My mother board is ASUS M2N4-SLI and I use one modem card and one ilink card on these slots. But now no one of them don't detected by winXp SP3.
Would you please let me know what has happened to my mother board?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi everyone

Would you please let me know what has happened to my mother board?

Hi ,welcome , a spider go in a made a web !
No,Really tho how would anyone but you know what happened to your motherboard !
Seriously now ,did you get a power serge ,lightening storm lately perhaps
did you try removing the card and reinstall them ,making a new clean connection and see if windows see the cards

It can be an electrical problem that fried something, but you should be able to see some physical burning or scarring on the motherboard. Sometimes it looks like a little puff of white on the surface, sometimes you can see it burned black into the board.

Most likely its not the hardware.
Does your motherboard support the cards you are plugging up?
Are you devices configured correctly, device manager, bios, etc?
Do you require any kind of drivers for the devices?
It could be a corrupt operating system, happens occasionally?

If the PCI slots really dont work at all, you will need to replace the motherboard if you wish to use those slots.

I hope this helps a little more.

Good luck

Hi caperjack
Thanks a lot for your reply. We had very rainy days include also lightening storm these days, but I have also
two X16 and two X1 slots that works fine.
Also, I replaced modem and windows detected new card and installed it through modem's disk but in device manager modem didn't listed
and also not working means I couldn't connect to internet. I have also ilink 1394 card installed in second PCI slot but it doesn't work means I
couldn't capture handycam videos to pc because ULEAD program doesn't recognize any handycam connected to pc.
Would you please tell me is there any software that is able to check hardware and reports its problems?

And Hi Avasultiris
There isn't any sign of firing in board and also I use a simple GIGA modem which very old motherboards are able to support it.
For configuring, because I have not any access to hardware setting (it isn't present in device manager) so I couldn't be sure about it.
This modem has own disk but when I use it, it says that it couldn't detected any modem connected to pc.
Corrupted OS must be corrupted for all hardwares in pc but I use double vga cards as SLI and video tuner and more.
As I said before is there any software that is able to check hardware and reports its problems?
Best regards and wait your weighted replys
Mbatiri

Hi,i don't know of any software to check hardware but I'm sure there is some out there somewhere .
Maybe the pci slots got turned off, or change in the bios setup

Hi,i don't know of any software to check hardware but I'm sure there is some out there somewhere .
Maybe the pci slots got turned off, or change in the bios setup

Hi again,
Would you please let me know what is your mean of "PCI slots got turned off"?
Best regards

maybe a better word is ,disabled ,and this may not even be possible in your bios,
BIOS Settings - PCI / PnP Configuration is the section in the bios where you will find the settings to check

maybe a better word is ,disabled ,and this may not even be possible in your bios,
BIOS Settings - PCI / PnP Configuration is the section in the bios where you will find the settings to check

My pnp configuration has been set to auto . I also disconnected all cards and clean carefully all slots but the result was same.
How about flashing BIOS or repairing winxp?

How about flashing BIOS or repairing winxp?

would not suggest a flash,
right click on mycomputer go to properties ,/hardware/device manager ,check in system devices ,make sure there are no! or red X on pci bus ,if yes you could try reinstalling motherboard chipset drivers !
maybe the board is getting bad ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.