Ok, I have narrowed it down to these builds for my upcomining computer. Before I list them, however, I have a couple of questions. I know very little about RAM and how it works, sadly. Right now I have some inexpensive Rosewill pc3200 RAM picked out. It looks fine and the reviews are good, but my questions is, what sort of performance increase would I be looking at if I got the same amount of high quality pc3200 OCZ RAM? Would it be cost effective to think about getting high quality RAM. Now, for the builds
1) RAM: 1 gig (2x512) pc3200 pqi DDR ram (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-164&depa=1)
2) CASE: Aspire X-Superalien Case w/ 500W PSU
3) CD/DVD BURNER:Samsung DVD/CD burner (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-151-204&depa=1)
4) CPU: AMD 3500+ or 4000+ (undecided!!)
5) HARD DRIVE: Samsung 160gb HD (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-152-014&depa=1)
6) MOTHERBOARD: Soltek K8TPro, Epox 9NDA3+, or the Abit A8V
7) VIDEO CARD: Nvidia 6800ultra or ATI X800XT PE (undecided)
Same as build one, but the Asus A8N-SLI standard mobo and a 6800GT
pci-e video card.
Thanks for reading, any and all input is welcome! PLEASE, if you see ANYTHING wrong tell me!