As a result of a recent upgrade exercise I've managed to snap off the 4 pin power connector on the back of my X-Fi Elite Pro Sound card - thus rendering it useless.

I'm just wondering if its worth repairing or should I just junk it? My new mobo (XFX nForce 790i Ultra) has on-board audio which doesn't seem too bad, but its still not going to be as good as the Creative was.

As a result of a recent upgrade exercise I've managed to snap off the 4 pin power connector on the back of my X-Fi Elite Pro Sound card - thus rendering it useless.

I'm just wondering if its worth repairing or should I just junk it? My new mobo (XFX nForce 790i Ultra) has on-board audio which doesn't seem too bad, but its still not going to be as good as the Creative was.

hard to say if it worth fixing with out knowing how much its worth and how much someone is going to charge you for fixing it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.