OMG my video card came in today and i installed it along with my sata HDD, screw the benchmarks on hL2 this card was runn that game on MAX detail, and anti alias x8 and filter times 16 at 1200x1024, and I was getting 70FPS!!!! it was aboslutly LOCKED at 70fps it would go down or up 2-4 FPS but thats it!

that is more then my 9600XT at max detail, 2x anti alias, and x2 filtering at 1024 x 728!!

this card has unbelievable power, the games look so much better now, this is what the next consoles should be like, I will never consider an xbox with a pc this powerful.

my CS:S get this, gets 150FPS locked !!!! doesnt move at all!!! I was like :eek: this card reminds me of barry bonds, "High on steriods", lol j/k OMG this card is great

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

OMG my video card came in today and i installed it along with my sata HDD, screw the benchmarks on hL2 this card was runn that game on MAX detail, and anti alias x8 and filter times 16 at 1200x1024, and I was getting 70FPS!!!! it was aboslutly LOCKED at 70fps it would go down or up 2-4 FPS but thats it!

that is more then my 9600XT at max detail, 2x anti alias, and x2 filtering at 1024 x 728!!

this card has unbelievable power, the games look so much better now, this is what the next consoles should be like, I will never consider an xbox with a pc this powerful.

my CS:S get this, gets 150FPS locked !!!! doesnt move at all!!! I was like :eek: this card reminds me of barry bonds, "High on steriods", lol j/k OMG this card is great

Dude i believe it. When i get around to building a new PC. My first option will be that card. Unless they come out with a better, bulkier powered card!

6800 ultra... big, bad(meaning good), and bulky!

If I was to buy 10 more video card they would all be a 6800GT that card is insanly powerful for that price, it would be like buying a ferrari enzo for $12,000 so much power for so little, the 6800Ultra is not worth it yet not at $500

The 6800GT is a fine card and a good deal. But the 6800 ultra is a better card at the same deal ;) Also, please don't compare a 6800GT to a card you don't even have! All the same, hope your having lots of fun with your new card!

A 6800 Ultra costs a whole lot more for a whole lot less performance. The only difference between the 2 models is clockspeeds! It's not worth it for the average gamer.

A 6800 Ultra costs a whole lot more for a whole lot less performance. The only difference between the 2 models is clockspeeds! It's not worth it for the average gamer.

well obvisouly if thats the only difference you could simply clock the GT to ultra core and memory frequencies couldnt you?

Probably, but you can just as easily overclock an ultra the same amount you overclock a GT... It's silly to say that you can make to different cards equal, assume each card can be overclocked equally before you make your choice.

yes but the 6800Ultra is not worth it yet, when it drops to $400-$450 it will but not at $500-$550

Probably, but you can just as easily overclock an ultra the same amount you overclock a GT... It's silly to say that you can make to different cards equal, assume each card can be overclocked equally before you make your choice.

but each card cannot be overclocked equally!!! the Ultra basically a clocked version of the GT, so therefore you couldnt clock it too much more!

but each card cannot be overclocked equally!!! the Ultra basically a clocked version of the GT, so therefore you couldnt clock it too much more!

The ultra is NOT simply an overclocked GT. It IS a different card. I agree with rcrevolution, however, the 6800GT is the best deal out there right now. However, the ultra does provide a very substantial power boost and it is NOT a 6800GT with a bigger cooler!

well of course the Ultra isnt a overclocked GT, it would be a rip off if it was , but the only difference is a slightly more powerful gpu, because the ultra and GT both have the same technology, the ram is probaly the only thing overclocked on there.

also, i think that only Ultra is SLI compatible, im not sure wehter you can SLI with the GT?

well of course the Ultra isnt a overclocked GT, it would be a rip off if it was , but the only difference is a slightly more powerful gpu, because the ultra and GT both have the same technology, the ram is probaly the only thing overclocked on there.

lol there is alot of "ripping people off" going around these days. I wouldnt know whether its a rip, but im just saying...

The 6600GT PCI-E, 6800GT PCI-E, and the 6800ultra PCI-E are all SLI compatable. The hard part is having deep enough pockets to afford a $250 (USD)+ motherboard that supports SLI, not to mention having to buy 2 cards!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.