The last time I use my p.c. it worked properly but when i used it earlier this afternoon, it runs but no display on the monitor and no beeps. I test the speaker of the motherboard and it is fine. So i concluded that my on board video graphics adapter/video card is the problem but it gives doubt on me because it didn't gave any beep reporting that my on board video graphics adapter. I also tried my other p.c.'s AGP video card but when i turn on the p.c. the monitor displays only green sometimes red color on its grid.

What could be the possible problem of my p.c.? Is it the on board video graphics adapter and the AGP slot of my motherboard?

Motherboard: ASRock Dual Channel Dual Core CPU DDR400 SATA 775i65gv
Video Card: GeForce FX5200 128mb

I just need some comments and advices if do i need to buy video card. If I need to buy, what should it be, PCI or AGP video card?

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What could be the possible problem of my p.c.? Is it the on board video graphics adapter and the AGP slot of my motherboard?

not likely

I just need some comments and advices if do i need to buy video card. If I need to buy, what should it be, PCI or AGP video card?
thank you

if you do determine it to be video ,get agp of course ,as pci is slower !

have you tried removing ram and booting computer .maybe 1 stick at a time

not likely

have you tried removing ram and booting computer .maybe 1 stick at a time

thanks for this hint... i have cleaned my RAM and it worked... :)

glad to here that helped ,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.