I bought a Compaq 283983-001 Intel 845 Socket 478 mATX MB w/VID SND & LAN motherboard to replace an eMachine board. I have all connected except the HDD LED, POWER SWITCH and the POWER LED leads. Nothing came with the board, no software, no instructions nothing just the board. Where and what pins do I conect these leads too.??

No screening names for the above are printed on the board either, everything else was printed plainly.

Talons06

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I bought a Compaq 283983-001 Intel 845 Socket 478 mATX MB w/VID SND & LAN motherboard to replace an eMachine board. I have all connected except the HDD LED, POWER SWITCH and the POWER LED leads. Nothing came with the board, no software, no instructions nothing just the board. Where and what pins do I conect these leads too.??

No screening names for the above are printed on the board either, everything else was printed plainly.

Talons06

not sure about this board ,but if it like other compaq boards i have seen the power sw is usually the two pins closest to the single pin,usually there are 2 rows of pins, 5 pins in one row and 4 in the other.this will at lease get it so you can turn it on

Talons06

Hi, just like you I purchased two of these motherboards and I have very good news for you. Above the blue PRIMARY IDE ATA connector is a set of 18 pins labeled PB/LED P5 and pin 1 is labeled.

17 15 13 11 9 7 5 3 1
. . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .
18 16 14 12 10 8 6 4 2

Pins 1 and 3 = HD LED
Pins 2 and 4 = POWER LED
Pins 6 and 8 = POWER SWITCH
Pin 14 has no pin

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.