I had my laptop running very well until it turned off and than when I turn it on the green light just goes on and in 2 seconds goes off, same thing happens all over again until I take my battery out and unplug the charger. I have no idea what can that problem be with and I bought a new battery already but same thing happens. Thanx a lot if you figure it out. Realy need help because I haven't use my laptop for a month! Just ask me more questions if that information is not enough. Thankx again

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Best bet is a bad batt. connection inside unit. Happens easy in a moist environment even if you keep it well out of the rain. Technical reason is oxidation (rust) on the metal connection. The green lite is your main power indicater. If it goes off, one way or another, you're out of business. Intermittent, which is what you described still points in the same direction.

I had my laptop running very well until it turned off and than when I turn it on the green light just goes on and in 2 seconds goes off, same thing happens all over again until I take my battery out and unplug the charger. I have no idea what can that problem be with and I bought a new battery already but same thing happens. Thanx a lot if you figure it out. Realy need help because I haven't use my laptop for a month! Just ask me more questions if that information is not enough. Thankx again

Try testing both with a voltmeter? By that I mean Laptop and Battery.

Could be:

• Computer AC / DC cable is bad.
  • Bad Battery.
  • Charger board is bad within Laptop (Repair Time).
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.