geetarman 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all, this isn't a major problem but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on proceedings.

The story - I recently upgraded my machine with a new processor and harddrive and then did the whole reformat reinstall process etc etc. Now, when I start up it shows the drives detected (harddrives and cd drives etc) detects all the ram etc no problems, then it goes blank for about 30 seconds before I finally get the beep and it proceeds to boot up.

I tried resetting the CMOS, I've checked all the boot settings in the BIOS, updated the BIOS etc etc but I can't get it to speed up at all. Once its in windows it works fine (although I've also noticed that when I select any of my accounts it can take a while before windows boots up, but thats not really an issue).

Anyone have any suggestions? I've checked that everything is seated correctly, RAM is all ok. The only thing that I figure might be an issue is that it boots from the IDE drive (correctly configured at the master drive) but there is also a SATA drive plugged into the HD, although removing that doesn't seem to make a different... :/

Cheers

Gman