i've got a Dell Dimension 2350 that's only able to be upgraded to 1GB RAM. i heard that if i switch out the motherboard i could put in more. if this is true, how can i find out what motherboard i need.

p.s. not willing to buy new machine

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

i've got a Dell Dimension 2350 that's only able to be upgraded to 1GB RAM. i heard that if i switch out the motherboard i could put in more. if this is true, how can i find out what motherboard i need.

p.s. not willing to buy new machine

contact Dell! they will love to help you buy a new board and more ram for you Dell machine .
but because you machine is older and dell cases will only axcept Dell replacement parts for the most part! you are limited to dealing with them for new stuff!
, if you buy new board you will need the motherbord, newer power supply,processor and fan and heatsinc,,ram, it may be cheaper to buy a whole new tower .

hi, always check out for the specs..and the limitations as well..so there will be no any trouble when upgrading..

.so there will be no any trouble when upgrading..

Its a Dell ,upgrading will always be expensive and limited.! lol

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.