i've got a Dell Dimension 2350 that's only able to be upgraded to 1GB RAM. i heard that if i switch out the motherboard i could put in more. if this is true, how can i find out what motherboard i need.

p.s. not willing to buy new machine

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i've got a Dell Dimension 2350 that's only able to be upgraded to 1GB RAM. i heard that if i switch out the motherboard i could put in more. if this is true, how can i find out what motherboard i need.

p.s. not willing to buy new machine

contact Dell! they will love to help you buy a new board and more ram for you Dell machine .
but because you machine is older and dell cases will only axcept Dell replacement parts for the most part! you are limited to dealing with them for new stuff!
, if you buy new board you will need the motherbord, newer power supply,processor and fan and heatsinc,,ram, it may be cheaper to buy a whole new tower .

thank you for the assistance

hi, always check out for the specs..and the limitations as well..so there will be no any trouble when upgrading..

.so there will be no any trouble when upgrading..

Its a Dell ,upgrading will always be expensive and limited.! lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.