I just installed a second hard drive on my open computer.
I did this because this is a computer that I use as extra storage and backup my network on.
I installed a second hard drive (one that I have had lying around for a while). It is a Western Digital, 30GB hard drive.

When I went to see how much was taken up, the computer recognizes the hard drive, but only as a 1.99GB hard drive.

Is there any way that I can regain the lost 28.1 GB?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I just installed a second hard drive on my open computer.
I did this because this is a computer that I use as extra storage and backup my network on.
I installed a second hard drive (one that I have had lying around for a while). It is a Western Digital, 30GB hard drive.

When I went to see how much was taken up, the computer recognizes the hard drive, but only as a 1.99GB hard drive.

Is there any way that I can regain the lost 28.1 GB?

How old is your computer?
I saw this problem on older computers, and it was due to some BIOS limitations; a BIOS update should resolve it...

It's at least 5 years old. So a BIOS update should do it, huh? Well, how do I do this. I have never done one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.