mordecai84 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,

I recently purchased a Maxtor Onetouch USB External Hard Drive at 200gbs. I installed it and it worked perfectly for about 30mins. Unfortunately in that time I copied over my media collection (8000+ songs) and then set WMP to work creating a new media library as it was relying on the music folder being in my internal hard drive.

Half way through this, WMP crashed and the hard drive started beeping and making a clicking noise. Obviously I am gutted that I could lose all my music, which has taken 4 years to build up. In retrospect I suppose I was foolish to copy it to a new drive but i did not expect this to happen.

Further attempts to reinstall the drive have made no difference, I have totally removed it from the system and it still makes the noise. It appears in device mamager as unknown and says there are no drivers installed even when I have installed them only moments from the CD provided.

I want my music back, please help!

David :cry:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.