I have an HP Media Center PC m1160n. It has been working fine for me since I got it, oh back in 03 or 04. Well it has been sitting for about two months because I got a laptop and I didn't really have a need to use both. Well, I pulled it out last night to get some stuff off of it and it turned on just fine. However, I couldn't remember my password. So I turned it off. Then the password came back to me, so I turned it on, but it won't do anything now. The little green light in the back will blink at me, and every time it blinks, it'll click. But the fans aren't running, nothing. Is my power supply dead or is there something I can do?

check to make sure all the power chords on the outside and inside are connected firmly. Make sure all the fan power chords are connected good. If it still doesn't boot, or at least POST, have it checked by a computer shop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.