Hey there! I'm trying to install a nvidia Geforce4 video card Mx440se ddr 64m/tv/pci on a pentium 2 slot one 256 ram 120 meg HD with Xp window
on boot it show's the Xp loading and the screen goes blank. the only setting in the bios are for AGP, PCi, palette snooping which is disabled, & 256 mg is enable, seem that I may have a internal problem? Jumper? or Xp issue? please help! Tim

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Did the computer work before the video card was installed? Did you install the video card drivers yet?

If video card drivers WERE installed, try booting your computer into safe mode. (Sorry, I forgot what to press when Windows loads to get into safe mode). Once in safe mode, uninstall the video card drivers.

I didn't have a video card installed ever, I,ve tried several, a 4mb matrox, a 32mb generic, none have work, not much options in the bios, as far as video selection, just palette snooping, which i disable, 256 mb option, 64 mb option, and whether you have an AGP, or pci could there be a jumper on the motherboard ?

all I know is it's a slot 1 board dont know the brand that Gateway used for their ATX case, I have been looking for the serial no# on this bloody thing! I only found one jumper on the board, and thats it, I really haven't torn it appart yet

I found one thats a three pin jumper thats in the normal mode setting, the others are config, recovery. I,ve been sifting through board specs on the intel site with no luck, there are hundreds! thanks for the help I will keep at it! Tim,

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.