Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new harddrive. I was considering this one.

What do you think of it, or do you have any other reccomendations for a fast, silent 1TB drive?

Pim

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Wd and seagate are both good brand.

From personal experience, WD is not what it used to be.
The samsung drive you wish for is the best. I had one in my desktop, before selling it. It's faster even than a raptor. And silent.

I would suggest you should use seagate HDD... its more efficient to use and its very fast....

As far as hard drives are concerned Seagate seems to be the best option for me and if you already have not made up your mind then it is better if you check out some of their products before going for any other option.

Regards,

I would suggest you should use seagate HDD... its more efficient to use and its very fast....

What does that mean, more efficient to use?
All Hdds are used in the same way, for the same purpose. Or what, is the seagate prettier? :P

The Samsung isthe best choice, never seen a Samsung drive fail. Good luck!

You might have got a Samsung drive that never failed so that's why you think it is the best and it is same about the Seagate as well.

You might have got a Samsung drive that never failed so that's why you think it is the best and it is same about the Seagate as well.

I own a small computer shop, and i sold hundreds only this year. I don't have one myself, i have a laptop now. I did had one on my old system, a 500GB one, it ran like the wind... And very quiet, not like the WD's. I never sent a Samsung back with a warranty issue, but Wd's , especially the 160GB model, the black one, about 20 last year. So i don't sell WD anymore, i hate when customers come back with damaged stuff.
So if I had to choose for myself, i would get a Samsung. But if I were to read what was written on this thread here, i would go for the Seagate. You know, the years they have behind...

Oh, and if you see anything about green on the specs, run. That means slow.

both good brand. physically check your cables, as usually this problem is caused by human error. next, check all of your volumes. what OS, service pack, and version are you running?

SNIP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.