Anybody who knows how to do this, i would appreciate some help?
I bought a Thermaltake Heatsink P4 Spark 3+ and I got the heatsink on the chip and it fits and all.....its just that the clips on the side ,are they suppose to snap in or just stay hooked on the sides, but loose! I don't know if i should try to snap them in or just leave them loose,but hooked on the side! Is there any instruction on this model!?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Anybody who knows how to do this, i would appreciate some help?
I bought a Thermaltake Heatsink P4 Spark 3+ and I got the heatsink on the chip and it fits and all.....its just that the clips on the side ,are they suppose to snap in or just stay hooked on the sides, but loose! I don't know if i should try to snap them in or just leave them loose,but hooked on the side! Is there any instruction on this model!?

yes they are suppose to snap tight ,is you cup/motherboard a P4 or did you buy the wrong type heatsinc and fan

My cpu is P4 3.0Ghz and my motherboard is ASUS P4800SE. Both are Hyper Threading! The heatsink fits on the cpu the right way,its just the clips im having trouble with.I don't want to put to much force on them and the heatsink came with no instructions,so im looking for them or somebody who can help me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.