Just bought a new CPU, an AMD AM2+ Phenom X4 9950 Quad @2600, was wondering if anyone can recommend a suitable Motherboard, did some research and got pointed to an ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe (AMD 790 FX), or an MSI K9A2 Platinum (MS-7376), if anyone has experience/knowledge of pros and cons, alternatives etc it would be greatly appreciated and advice on GPU's, RAM etc would be outta sight. Cheers.

I'm running a 9850 BE at 2.9 in a ASRock A790GXH/128M with ocz platinum @ 1066
AMD790GX + SB750 chipsets

I had an MSI DKA790GX board but it gave me nothing but problems for the three days it worked before it fried.

The only issue I have with this board is the rear audio port seems to have been damaged. I only get sound in the right channel. (Unless I pull it out a bit and wiggle it)
OCZ Platinum or GSkill 1066 ram since you've got that phenom to pair it with. You may have to adjust the timings manually, some have reported it defaulting to 800, others haven't had issues. I'll let you know how it works out with mine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.