Here is a weird one that's got me stumped. My parents computer had developed a weir issue. The graphics output doesn't work. I swapped the graphics card and still no fix. Not even the bios splash screen appears. The thing is that the computer actually boots up. You can hear the vista jingle. Monitor and cables are fine. Everything in the computer plugged and working. Took out the cmos battery and tested the ram in another machine. The computer is a HP pavilion s3040. 2 gig of ram. 160 gig hard drive.

Thanks

RevDoddy

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue. But my monitor works randomly. that means one day it works without any issue but next day it doesn't show anything even BIOS.After plug another monitor to my CPU it works. Please let me know any solution on this

Thanks,
Lakmal

Cable?

Monitor works on another PC?

Any other cards in the PCI slots that don't work?

Cable?

Monitor works on another PC?

Any other cards in the PCI slots that don't work?

It works sometime with my machine.This is occurs randomly.2-3 times I connected to another pc that time Monitor worked.Oneday it works but next day it failed.
No PCI cards. I'm using IntelG31 MB with on board VGA.

Thanks,
Lakmal

It works sometime with my machine.This is occurs randomly.2-3 times I connected to another pc that time Monitor worked. One day it works but next day it failed.
No PCI cards. I'm using IntelG31 MB with on board VGA.

Thanks,
Lakmal

We need to be clear about this. The monitor could fail on the second PC? If so, that most probably rules out a fault on the first PC.

The other point I picked up was that you changed you graphics card, as you put it. But you've also mentioned that it's integrate graphic - so you can forgive me for thinking you'd swapped out a PCI graphics card.

If the monitor always behave perfectly on the second PC, then I'd suggest you have motherboard issues on the first PC. If the mnitor is intermittent on two PCs then I'd suggest a cable issue or a dry joint in the monitor interface.

Always difficult to diagnose at a distance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.