Hi all

I currently have an Asus p4p800se motherboard with a Radeon 9800xt graphics card. However, as I want to be able to play some of the newer games such as Pes 2008, Crysis, Bioshock etc... I need a card with shader model 3.0. I'm thinking of a Radeon X1950XT 512mb or Radeon X1950pro 512mb. I know they are not DX10 cards but I don't think we're actually gonna benefit from DX10 support for quite a while - I'm still using XP anyway!

Which one should I go for and would the cards work ok with my ageing Asus p4p800se. I'll probably replace the motherboard (and cpu etc) soon but don't have the money to buy everything at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

As long as the graphics card you are looking at is the same as the slot on your motherboard then you can use any Grpahics card you like. Check wether you have AGP or a PCI-Express slot first. Otherwise go for a card that has the greatest onboard Memory.

Power Supply. You will need one with AT LEAST 450w (550w is better) and you MAY need one that features special additional connectors for powering good graphics cards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.