Can somebody refresh me up on how to edit the registery to play dvds that can't be played in the dvd rom in the computer?? I've learned once but i forgot already the steps to edit the registry. There are some dvds that can be played in the dvd player but not in the dvd rom. Pls, can somebody help me??

Can somebody refresh me up on how to edit the registery to play dvds that can't be played in the dvd rom in the computer?? I've learned once but i forgot already the steps to edit the registry. There are some dvds that can be played in the dvd player but not in the dvd rom.

Are you having a problem with DVD region encoding? Which DVDs are/are not playing? Which player software are you using? Some DVD-ROM drives have hard-wired region coding, but sometimes their firmware can be flashed to correct or ignore this. Which drive model do you have?

Registry tweaks usually depend on the software -- and hardware -- involved. There are no hard-and-fast tweaks that I know of, but I don't know everything.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.