Hello,

I just bought 2 samsung 512mb ram (pc2100, sodimm) on ebay but when i received the rams it doesn't say anywhere that they are samsung rams. So when i asked the seller he says that if i didn't receive samsung rams then it means that it's stock was over and i was sent a Micron technology ram instead and he also says MT rams are among the best out there.

But how do i know if i truely receive an MT ram and not some fake ones? Is MT ram better than a samsung one??

Should i report him to ebay?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Does the ram work?

Yes, the rams work but i just wanna know if i should report him or something. Coz i didn't get what i paid for.

That's up to you really. You didn't get what you paid for but got a suitable replacement....

Micron Rams are really among the best... Look 4 the words MT on the chips. If the rams have sticker printed crucial on them, then it is micron ram..

hi,get cpu-z from this site.install [uncheck theask toolbar during install ]go to the spd tab along the top an d it will give the manufacture name

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.