Hello forumites,

I was testing out a benchmark for a game and found that the video card used by computer is the Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller.

I am also aware though that I have the NVIDIA GeForce 8400 on my computer as well. I checked this under the Device Manager tab with the location at PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0.

I then disabled the Intel adapter, but upon retesting of the benchmark, it still indicates that the Intel Graphics card is being used.

I have done a search around and found that I may have to change BIOS settings? My computer is a HP Pavillion 6440, and when I pull up the BIOS there is a line that says Primary video adaptor with the 3 options being:
1) PCI
2) Onboard
3) PCI-E

The current option selected is PCI. I decided not to tamper with it and thought I would ask if anyone knew how to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance for any help.
M

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Isn;t the Geforce adapter 3) PCI-E

Which one are you connected to?

Select PCI-E, save BIOS change, and connect your monitor cable to VGA Card Output

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.