If any of you had to decide between buying a "Intel P4 3.6E 1MB (560) 800FSB LGA775" for CAN$ 537.00 and a "Intel P4 3.4GHz 2MB (650) 800FSB LGA775" for CAN$ 527.00. What would you choose and why? The first is running at 200mhz faster but has half the cache memory for 10$ more....

thx in advance for your response.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I suggest you google some benchmarks belama, and compare the numbers you care about. ;)

It seems like the benchmarks reveal that their performance are both very close.
The 560 beats the 650 when we are dealing with MPEG encoding, with system perfromance benchmarks.
The 650 beats the 560 in memory performance benchmarks.
For games tests, they seem to be as good as each other. In seven tests they both have 3 better FPS/performance average and one tied.

I dont really care for MPEG encoding so in my opinion both CPU's perfromance are very equal. The 650's price though is a bit lower.

I hope this thread isn't too old to be bought up again.
For me, I will go for the 650. The extra 200MHz for 560 isn't going to make a great difference. I rather have double the cache memory. If you are an overclocker, then go for the 3.4GHz. The 2MB cache will be good.

ditto, the extra meg of cache will make a big difference imo.

already bought the 650 on the 29th of april :D and its perfect. also runs impressively cool (25 to 30 degrees celsuis). also bought radeon x850xt and 1gig of ddr2 533mhz

already bought the 650 on the 29th of april :D and its perfect. also runs impressively cool (25 to 30 degrees celsuis). also bought radeon x850xt and 1gig of ddr2 533mhz

very nice rig! now i cant wait till i have money to build my new system!

Ah, nice rig you have there, belama. :cheesy:

thats what everyone says... ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.