I just put this together, here are my specs:

Chaintech MPM800-3 motherboard
512 DDR400 RAM
on-board video card
Pentium 4 2.26 processor

All seem to be installed correctly, the computer starts up and all the fans and everything starts, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

I've tried resetting the BIOS, I tried moving the motherboard to a cardboard box just to make sure it isn't shorting out, and I've tested the power supply and I know it works (300W).

I would just say its just the motherboard, but I've gone through 3 others and all the same thing happens. I feel like I must be missing a switch or something, but nothing I can think of works.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Thats strange that you had this problem because I had an almost identical problem today troubleshouting one of my teachers computers, the problem ended up being the actual power on button/switch, I tore the power switch from the front of a dead computer and used it and surprisingly it booted up fine.

Thats not it either - I've tried this same case with a different system, but it still didn't work. Just to make sure I tried starting the computer by touching the screwdriver to power on pins, and it acted just the same - all the fans and all turn on, but the machine won't even POST

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.