(Sorry i posted this in more than one spot i dont know what category it should be in.) Ive got a hp pavilion ze5000 notebook. Its got a 2.4 ghz proccessor, 512 mb memory, ati mobility radeon graphics. Problem is that when i move a window it leaves trails behind it (not permanent, about a 0.75 second delay before they go away) and when i play a visualization on Windows Media Player they appear very very slow, both of which will bring my cpu usage to 80-100%. Ive tried changeing resolution, color bit, and turning off hardware acceloration. Any ideas on how i might be able to fix this? More info on graphics card- Pentium 4 2.4 ghz, Mobility Radeon (m6) AGP (0x4C59), DAC Type: Internal DAC (350Mhz) (Whatever that means) (ive tried reinstalling drivers, and windows)

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dallas2009913

(Sorry i posted this in more than one spot i dont know what category it should be in.) Ive got a hp pavilion ze5000 notebook. Its got a 2.4 ghz proccessor, 512 mb memory, ati mobility radeon graphics. Problem is that when i move a window it leaves trails behind it (not permanent, about a 0.75 second delay before they go away) and when i play a visualization on Windows Media Player they appear very very slow, both of which will bring my cpu usage to 80-100%. Ive tried changeing resolution, color bit, and turning off hardware acceloration. Any ideas on how i might be able to fix this? More info on graphics card- Pentium 4 2.4 ghz, Mobility Radeon (m6) AGP (0x4C59), DAC Type: Internal DAC (350Mhz) (Whatever that means) (ive tried reinstalling drivers, and windows)

Try downloading the Latest ATI Radeon Drivers

I just tried that, it wont work i get an error message that the installation wont work anyway i try to install it. Any other ideas?

Onboard laptop video cards usually require the laptop manufacturer drivers to work properly. If you did download these, did you completely uninstall the previous set of drivers?

I dont think there are any driver updates for this display driver, i downloaded the radeon drivers, which i dont think are the correct drivers, so i checked on mobility radeon on ati's website which is what this driver is, but when i checked on mobility radeon drivers ati just says to dowload the drivers from the computer manufacturers but HP doesnt have any driver updates, any thing else i can try?

One possibility is called LCD persistence, and is a function of the monitor itself.

Another is that you have mouse trails activated (under mouse in control panel).

It isnt the monitor because dvd's look fine, and pointer trails arent enabled. Any thing else you can think of?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.