Hi, lately my computer began to restart while playing warcraft III: Frozen Throne. When I'm in ladder. The only changes I can think of lately that I did to the computer, was that I updated my video card drivers.

A year ago I brought a evga geforce 9800 gtx. Then I also brought a new monitor recently, and it started to happen after every three or five games. Depending on the games.

I brought a Dell sp2309w 23 wide screen. Max resolution is 2048 x 1152. 60 hz.

When I played the games in that resolution and that hz, it seems to lag. So people been telling me to turn down Vertical Sync, and I did that, it seem to have fixed the problem, but then it restarted the pc as well.

Also can I turn the resolution back to 1280 x 1024 to 75hz when playing wc3? Would that damaage any hardware?

Thank You

I would say bring the resolution down to something more reasonable. Just because the monitor will work at that high a resolution does not mean you have to use it. The reason the game runs slow is there is not enough memory on the video card to keep up with the resolution at that high a setting so turn it down to 1650 x 1024 and let the video card control frequency. If you have a DVI port on the card then use the DVI instead of the Analog port and you will see a difference.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.