I am working on an emachine EL1200 - 06w and it will not go past the log on page. It will let me click on a user name, then goes right to logging you off and saving you settings. No matter which name I chose it does the same thing. Any ideas? None of the user names seems to have a password, at least it doesnt show any.
Help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ouch. If memory server me correctly there is a virus that creates this type of loop. Try booting in safe mode and see if you can get past it. If not try booting with something like the "Ultimate boot CD for windows" and run the virus checker.

Ouch. If memory server me correctly there is a virus that creates this type of loop. Try booting in safe mode and see if you can get past it. If not try booting with something like the "Ultimate boot CD for windows" and run the virus checker.

I figured that out when I tried to reload windows xp and the motherboard had alot of the drives missing. I had to reload all of them too. So maybe now they will keep the antivirus up to date!!
Thanks for your help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.