Hi I am new to this forum. My daughter and I have a creative webcam pro - she is at university and I am at home. MSN and Creative have not been able to solve my problem. We were both using MSN with webcam and audio options on to talk and see each other while she is away at university - it has been great BUT all of a sudden one day she sent her invitiation to a webcam conversation and her image comes in black - she has changed nothing on her computer and nor have I. Anyone have any ideas why this might be. We have the latest drivers, etc. If I go on another computer I can see her fine. She has always been able to see me. Hope someone can help.........Frustrated:confused:

My daughter and I have a creative webcam pro - she is at university and I am at home. MSN and Creative have not been able to solve my problem. We were both using MSN with webcam and audio options on to talk and see each other while she is away at university - it has been great BUT all of a sudden one day she sent her invitiation to a webcam conversation and her image comes in black - she has changed nothing on her computer, nor have I. Anyone have any ideas why this might be? We have the latest drivers, etc. If I go on another computer I can see her fine. She has always been able to see me.

A quick-check would be to try the Yahoo! Instant Messenger as an alternative. It, too, has camera abilities and is free of charge. It never hurts to have a Yahoo! ID/email account anyway.

The problem itself kinda sounds like a possible firewall problem. Which firewall are you using? ZoneAlarm has had a recent update, and that can sometimes cause problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.