Hello,

I'm glad to find such a cool place, where us "noobies" can find some help. After all this is my first post. I have a small, yet annoying problem concerning Windows XP Home Edition. Let me start out by telling you some 'bout my current gaming setup.

AMD 64 bit 3200
1 GB Corrsiar RAM
DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D Motherbored
x850xt Radeon VC
160 GB Maxxtor HD

As you can tell it's pretty sweet. But after I set it up, and installed Windows XP Home Edition, and booted it up, the windows loading screen poped up and then went to the BSOD (Blue-Screen-Of Death-Screen) and displayed this funky error message:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ***STOP: 0x0000000A ***STOP: 0x0000000A was followed by (0x00000020, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8051E17D just for further reference.)

It appears WXPHE does not work on this machine, so I tried to install Linux Fedora Core, and it worked, so it sounds/looks like a driver issue. I'm geussing that maytbe it's a motherbored/BIOS problem.

After this, I lended my computer parts over to my freind (a pretty knowlageable geek himself) and he tried downloading Windows XP Proffesional, and it worked, but when he tried to install SP2, it crashed and went into a "infinite state of rebooting itself". So were stumped. Since I've allready spent well over 2k on this beast, I don't want to buy another O.S. for it, since I allready have a legal version off Windows XP, that seems not to work on my computer, un-like his questionably-obtained verison of XP pro.

I'm really begging you all to state your thought's I'm going crazy. You can all contact me at:

Darrkowa_phavil@yahoo.com
Or AIM me at: seppuku saint

Thank you all so much for reading thru this maze of technical blabber.

--Darrkowa

It might be a Motherboard/Video Card Conflict.

The exact same thing happened to me with an ATI Radeon card and a Elitegroup Motherboard before. And both the motherboard and video card work fine seperately.

Hi darrkowa,
I can't be 100% sure from your description.. but..
the fact that Windows XP PRO works & Wni XP HOME doesn't work ...AND
your getting an "

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ***STOP

error message... says that there's probably a driver (probably video but maybe another one) program incompatibility.... So..
Your first step should be to download the latest version of the video card driver & RE-install it. Get it from the manufacturers website.
Post back with more info if this doesn't COMPLETELY solve the problem.
Hope this helps :)
RGPHNX
PS- you might also want to checkout the "Video Troubleshooting" section of my website for more help on sorting this out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.