downloaded the driver for my monitor from the manufacturers web-site made sure i had the right one for xp when i click on the exe file it says can run 16-bit program???
i also downloaded the driver without the exe file can anyone help me out as to how i can install it
cant install it through the device maneger as the monitor isnt there

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

try right click the file and choose compatiabily mode and choose win95 see what happens .
also in device manager click view and click show hidden devices .monitor should be there all ready by try it.

Hi,

In this case I would suggest if you cannot find the update try using some driver updating applications like Driver Detective, Driver Rescue or Advanced Driver Optimizer they will get you the latest updates 4 ur drivers so u dont have to search them they will download the latest updates and will install them .

u can try there trial version to see if they show updates. I prefer Advanced Driver Optimizer as with it I have to just scan and can update all my drivers in single click just a best optimizer for driver.

The best part is if it installed incorrect driver then I can roll back using their restore facility.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.