My DV6000 start button won't work but if I gently press the DVD-button next to it, the laptop starts working nicely, with no possibility however to shut down the machine by either the start button or the dvd-button. Anyone clever enough to help me out?
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi ! I had this trouble a few months ago. there is a flat ribbon connector going from the power button to the motherboard. the flat ribbon is about 6 inches long and is folded along the underside of the keyboard (lef side). this ribbon is quite flimsy and somehow stop connecting . Also there is another one connecting the motherbord to the speakers. You can find replacements on ebay.

Hi ! I had this trouble a few months ago. there is a flat ribbon connector going from the power button to the motherboard. the flat ribbon is about 6 inches long and is folded along the underside of the keyboard (lef side). this ribbon is quite flimsy and somehow stop connecting . Also there is another one connecting the motherbord to the speakers. You can find replacements on ebay.

Many thanks, Machin. Your tip solved my problem nicely!

Thanks! Your answer helped me out indeed!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.