Hi. I just purchased a used Windows XP Sony Vaio PC. It is a P3 with 256MB RAM, 800MHz. For some reason it boots to the XP login screen and the mouse and keyboard will not work at all. The lights on the keyboard also are never lit. I don't have a USB keyboard, but tried a USB mouse- which also didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Note: While booting the PC makes the sound as if a key is stuck. It does this on both keyboards I've tried and even without one attached.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

u may want to leave mouse in for a while once it loads upto log in screen for usb mouse drivers to install may take upto a minute
(you wont see it happening)

also ur sure u put keyboard in right slot?

u may want to leave mouse in for a while once it loads upto log in screen for usb mouse drivers to install may take upto a minute
(you wont see it happening)

also ur sure u put keyboard in right slot?

I removed the battery on the motherboard to try and reset the settings. Now it boots to a screen that says, "Press F1 to continue" or "Press F2 to change settings"....problem is that I cannot get beyond this screen without the keyboard working...i have tried a USB mouse as well, which also didn't work.

hi, I am having excact the same issue with my keyboard. seems that you did resolve your problem. Did you? Please tell me what helped. thanks a lot.

Vitalika

I removed the battery on the motherboard to try and reset the settings. Now it boots to a screen that says, "Press F1 to continue" or "Press F2 to change settings"....problem is that I cannot get beyond this screen without the keyboard working...i have tried a USB mouse as well, which also didn't work.

hi, I am having excact the same issue with my keyboard. seems that you did resolve your problem. Did you? Please tell me what helped. thanks a lot.

Vitalika

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.