i'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, if not, coul someone please let me know where to go? here is my problem anyway if there is someone out there to help.

my laptop won't type the letter d anymore. The bigger problem is that from start up to shutdown, all the laptop will do is beep, an when we clicked into a word processing program, we found that the laptop just types dddddddddddddddddddd contadntlydddddddddddddddddd
without stopping.

i'm thinking this is a hardware problem. we checked for viruses, and none were found. what can i do? Thank you.

type of laptop:
sony vaio
windows ME operating system

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You have a membrain in the keyboard that mades the electrical connection for the letters. The "D" key is stuck. This can keep the laptop for shutting down. you need to take the keyboard apart and clean it maybe have to replace the keyboard.

Josh.

i'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, if not, coul someone please let me know where to go?

It does sound like a hardware problem, so I'm moving this to the appropriate forum now...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.