Hi, I'm somewhat computer literate, but am lost on how to find the following:

I bought a liteonit.com CD burner...just a basic one, probably already obsolete. Anyways, I've never been able to make it work. It was supposed to be Mac-compatible plug n' play with firewire, and my connections are secure. I'll put a CD in and my Mac won't acknowledge that it's there. Therefore, I can't burn because it can't find the burner. I think it needs a driver but the liteonit.com site doesn't carry drivers for Macs (I have a G3 OS X.2). Liteonit's help desk said for me to find a Universal USB Driver on a Mac site but that is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't want to load the wrong type driver onto my machine. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should go?

My email is lizzyrock@sbcglobal.net (yes, I know a LOT more about rock & roll than I do computers)

Thanks for the help!
Lizzy

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Or maybe you should check the date before bumping a two year-old thread with a link to your website. Idiot, the driver you provided is a memory card reader, and it isn't even available for Mac!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.