I recently purchased a Seagate Expansion external drive, 1.5 TB. I wish to use it on a Debian system so I have reformatted the disk to ext3 rather than the ntfs that it came with. I can manually mount it and it works just fine. My question is how or what do I configure in order for it to mount itself auto magically when it is plugged in. I generally don't mess around with hardware much.

I recently purchased a Seagate Expansion external drive, 1.5 TB. I wish to use it on a Debian system so I have reformatted the disk to ext3 rather than the ntfs that it came with. I can manually mount it and it works just fine. My question is how or what do I configure in order for it to mount itself auto magically when it is plugged in. I generally don't mess around with hardware much.

i suppose you're talking about linux, you should post this on the linux thread..thru web search i got this link: http://helpforlinux.blogspot.com/2008/09/auto-mount-hard-drives-on-ubuntu.html
it's for ubuntu but try it if it will work on debian :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.