I need to know if a Serial ATA-150 hard drive works with a Serial ATA II motherboard.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

"However, you must have a SATA II Hard Drive and SATA II Motherboard or Controller Card to get the full benefits of SATA II."

So it will work but I will be missing out on extra features right?

If so thats allright.

This is the motherboard I might get:

ABIT AL8 Socket 775 Intel ICH7R Express PCI-E ATX motherboard
Storage Controller: ATA-100, Serial ATA II (RAID) - (no others listed?)

& this is the harddrive I might get:

MAXTOR Diamondmax 10 100GB SATA 7200rpm 8MB hard drive
Storage Hard Drive / Interface Type: Serial ATA-150.

Theres a special reason why I might get this hard drive but I cant be bothered to explain why. Lets say that dabs.com have messed up on this ones pricing and they havent done anything about it lol. Its cool.

The hard drive is actually 200GB not 100 and the price is only £55 inc. VAT.
They have a pic next to the product on the website and the pic clearly shows the packaging has 200GB written on it. The site has no 200GB maxtor hard drives in its listings and the official website says they have never sold 100GB hard drives so dabs are dumb but its cool.

"However, you must have a SATA II Hard Drive and SATA II Motherboard or Controller Card to get the full benefits of SATA II."

So it will work but I will be missing out on extra features right?

If so thats allright.

This is the motherboard I might get:

ABIT AL8 Socket 775 Intel ICH7R Express PCI-E ATX motherboard
Storage Controller: ATA-100, Serial ATA II (RAID) - (no others listed?)

& this is the harddrive I might get:

MAXTOR Diamondmax 10 100GB SATA 7200rpm 8MB hard drive
Storage Hard Drive / Interface Type: Serial ATA-150.

Theres a special reason why I might get this hard drive but I cant be bothered to explain why. Lets say that dabs.com have messed up on this ones pricing and they havent done anything about it lol. Its cool.

The hard drive is actually 200GB not 100 and the price is only £55 inc. VAT.
They have a pic next to the product on the website and the pic clearly shows the packaging has 200GB written on it. The site has no 200GB maxtor hard drives in its listings and the official website says they have never sold 100GB hard drives so dabs are dumb but its cool.

you will lose out on some of the benefits but not many. go and try for the one on dabs. its their error after all.:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.