I've been having a lot of problems with my desktop recently. It all started when i got a new graphics card. For a few weeks the screen would sometimes be kind of wavy for a few minutes and go away. A week ago it started shutting itself down and i would have to use boot repair to get it running. This past friday it simply wouldn't launch fully. It would say getting windows files then shut itself down. I figured the problem was the power supply so i bought a 1000 watt one to replace my 450 watt. It fixed the problem but now there is no display, no matter where i plug my monitor into, neither the graphics card nor the integrated chipset works. I figured the motherboard must have gotten fried because my mouse and keyboard wouldn't turn on but if i were to plug in something else like my ethernet cable it would show that it is connected. I am at a loss as to what i need to do. Also if i try plugging in my keyboard or mouse into my laptop i get an instant bsod.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by happyrock

I'm confused ????...

I've been having a lot of problems with my desktop recently

then you say this...

Also if i try plugging in my keyboard or mouse into my laptop i get an instant bsod.

if these are separate problems on 2 different systems you need to start 2 threads

What im saying is that when i plug in the keyboard and mouse i have been using on my desktop into my laptop the laptop gets an instant bsod.

update: The motherboard has now stopped responding all together. I do believe it's fried.

did you connect the mouse...if so disconnect it and try booting up again...if it tries to boot then the mouse is bad

Ok the motherboard started responding again. If i plug in my mouse into my laptop and try to boot it will go to starting windows and then get the bsod, same with keyboard. When i first boot the machine the mouse turns on, then turns off when it says starting windows, then turns back on when i get the bsod. Im pretty sure my gfx card and cpu in my desktop are still working. I tested my vga cable and monitor and both of those are fine. I have no clue about what happened to my mouse or keyboard.

they died...the good news is they are both cheap to replace compared to the other components

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.