Hey.

I've recently had so much trouble with error messages on one of my two computers that i decided to re-format the drive - yep, i know, pretty stupid but i'd tried everything.

I now can't connect it to the internet because it's saying that it doesn't detect any network adaptors.

I've tried searching the internet for a 'Novell Network Driver' that the computer keeps asking for - but there's a minefield of stuff that i know nothing about.

In the existing Ndis2 Driver box i get this status message:

The NDIS.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver. (Code 2).

I'm running Windows 98, and it keep asking me to insert my windows 98 disc but it finds nothing to help on there. - my windows 98 disk is for a different machine. (Should that matter?) Is there anyone who could help me with this?

Please bear in mind that I am not familiar with technical abbreviations or computer jargon but i'm very good at following clear instructions.

It's a pentium 3 Blue Ridge computer (i doubt that's of any use to anyone)

thanks.

Hi hetixo,
the problem you'r having is related to the HD re-format. When that's done.. you lose the driver programs that were originally installed after Win 98 was installed. For future reference.. BACKUP your drivers to a floppy/CD before you re-format and/or re-install Windows.
Try the following:
> Install Windows 93 SE (second edition) if you can get your hands on it. It MIGHT have the drivers you need..
If not.. then.. your going to have to find out which brand & type (ie. serial/model #) your computers Network OR MOdem Adapter Card is installed..then.. get the drivers from the manufacturer.
If..not..then..
Check with the computer manufacturers website for your computer's model #. They MIGHT give you some clues as to which components AND/or drivers you need.
Either way you'll need to do some detective work to sort this all out.
Post back here with the good news & or to get more help.
Good Luck !!! :)
RGPHNX

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.