hi guys, i know this topic is off. but i cant find the link to pinter. so i came in here. my printer was lexmark. x6150. my inks done. so i open up the inks that came with the printer. as i put in those inks and close it up. it came out an error says ''errer:0502''.... i think u put in those inks perfectly. wut was the problem and how can i fix it. help me plz. i need to print out and fax an important file, its an emergency. thnx to any 1 who trys to help. thnx
the original inks was #82 and 83 made by lexmark. now i am tryin to put in #26 by lexmark also. thnx :(((
Instructions for resolving error 0502:
Check the encoder strip on the printer. (This is a clear strip running the length of the printer, above or behind the cartridge carrier.) Do the following:
- Switch off the printer using the power button.
- Disconnect the power cable from the back of the Lexmark X5100 / X6100 Series.
- Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds.
- Slide the cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer by taking the top part of the belt and moving it gently to the right.
- Take out both cartridges.
- Place an index finger on the encoder strip on either side of the cartridge carrier.
- On the back of the cartridge carrier, there is a small slot that the encoder strip fits into. Slightly push the encoder strip down and then back up to get it into the slot.
- Lightly press the strip first to the rear and then forward, if necessary.
- Clean the encoder strip with a dry tissue. Also clean the contacts of the printer.
- Reconnect the power cable and switch the printer on again.
- Perform the hardware test without cartridges first and then with both cartridges.*
- Make a standalone copy.
- If the copy is satisfactory, repeat the test once to confirm that the error is gone.
Information from the Lexmark support site.