Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop and everything is fine with it except that, as soon as I plug in an external monitor to it, some horizontal lines keep moving around. If I unplug my adapter and let it run on Battery, the lines disappear. I really have no idea how to fix this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have to assume that the problem is on the external monitor. Your monitor may require special drivers with special settings that are going to be quite different than what is probably a lcd monitor on your laptop. Also, you'll have to tell the OS that you're using more than one monitor, etc.

errr.... Actually I have figured what the problem was, but why or how it happens, I have no idea. The problem is with my laptop charger, but when I used my friend's Dell charger, with same spec as mine, it was working fine. Mine seems to cause some noise and those lines.

Is your adapter new?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.