I accidentally spilled a drink onto the keyboard of my Toshiba Satellite 2455S305 laptop. Immediately after this occurred, the computer turned off. The only lights on it were an amber power plug. I removed the battery and then put it back in, and now no lights are on.

I've been told that the only way to get it back on is to take it somewhere that services Toshiba laptops. Is there a way that I don't know about?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I accidentally spilled a drink onto the keyboard of my Toshiba Satellite 2455S305 laptop. Immediately after this occurred, the computer turned off.

Could be voltage regulator on motherboard is damaged could be more serve depend on where inside the coke spilled to hopefully didn't spilled to where harddrive is or cdrom area or you might as well buy a new laptop. if you now electronic repair I would take whole laptop apart clean everything first take motherboard out if you see any burned mark anywhere but where the dc regulator located at you might well buy a new motherboard if not replaced the dc regulator located by where you plug your ac cord goes. (dc regulator usally run about 5-15 dollars. Being you said it turn off right away and light turn red is a good sign regulator blow before any other damaged occured. (If you don't know how to fix a electronic shop is more likely going to charged for a new motherboard ether way try sending it to toshiba directly clean the mess first, and see what they say.

Could be voltage regulator on motherboard is damaged could be more serve depend on where inside the coke spilled to hopefully didn't spilled to where harddrive is or cdrom area or you might as well buy a new laptop. if you now electronic repair I would take whole laptop apart clean everything first take motherboard out if you see any burned mark anywhere but where the dc regulator located at you might well buy a new motherboard if not replaced the dc regulator located by where you plug your ac cord goes. (dc regulator usally run about 5-15 dollars. Being you said it turn off right away and light turn red is a good sign regulator blow before any other damaged occured. (If you don't know how to fix a electronic shop is more likely going to charged for a new motherboard ether way try sending it to toshiba directly clean the mess first, and see what they say.

how can you be sure it was coke that was spilt here?:D

ok i agree with you that the voltage regulator on the motherboard could be damaged, but without knowing where the drink got spilt we cant say for certain. it definately sounds as though the drink did short something out though.

when i spilt something on my lappy i opened it up and turned it upside down and popped it in the airing cupboard for a few days to dry out. it dried out ok and works fine considering its age. try this before sending out for new parts and if it doesnt work then you know its new parts time.

i feel that a valuable lesson has been learnt here... keep drinks away from any computer equipment.;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.