hello for about 2 weeks alrdy i been having problems with my laptop crashing when im playing AION online i even tryed formating the laptop and thats the only thing i got on this laptop nothing running in the background and tryed diff type of drives for my video card to the lasted one that came out to some old ones but stillnothing also i have the laptop on top a really thin paper box with a pretty big fan blowing air to the laptop
my video card is nvidia geforce 9800m GTS would also i have tryed reinstalling the game by CD and downloading it still crashs

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hello for about 2 weeks alrdy i been having problems with my laptop crashing when im playing AION online i even tryed formating the laptop and thats the only thing i got on this laptop nothing running in the background and tryed diff type of drives for my video card to the lasted one that came out to some old ones but stillnothing also i have the laptop on top a really thin paper box with a pretty big fan blowing air to the laptop
my video card is nvidia geforce 9800m GTS would also i have tryed reinstalling the game by CD and downloading it still crashs

Hello,

I think it may not be a hardware problem. Maybe it's an operating system crash, especially if you're using win Vista. And if it's not a legal software.
So, i think, you will not lose anything if you firstly try reinstalling any different from current OS version.. Let me know, if you've done it, and if it worked.

^^ im actaully useing window 7 and just about 4 hours ago i troe up my laptop and cleaned everything because it heats up to much and it blows air way more better but as soon i loged in for a few mins it crashed again and i did a memory test also and no problems came up so should i try to go back to vista that wat this computer 1st came with

Yes, it might really be a good decision, because lots of computers, especially laptops are having issues with windows7 due to drivers incompatibility. Especially if the laptops are older and manufacturers do not publish new drivers or their updates. So, try installing windows vista I think

oook thank you ill try some other stuff that the NCsoft is asking me to do if that dont work ill try restalling vista ^_^

OOOk, I hope it will work

ok i found something about my laptop because after i cleaned it it was working fine i was trying with some video card test programs and everything was great didnt over heat nothing anymore but now i tryed it again and it crashed and i tryed with the programe it gose carzy hot so fast but it only dose this when i have the charger pluged in if i discount it from the laptop it works great and dosent overheat nothing i even playing the game any idea would it could be if only heats up when i put in the charger i think cuz its giving way to much power idk

oook, you can take multimeter and try to check the output voltage and then compare it with he voltage which should be provided from this charger (it must be written on your charger. For better orientation, it's about 20 +- 2-4 volts)and check the current too, it's written in the same place on your charger. If the voltage and current is fine, I'm affraid that there might be a problem inside your computer with power supply.. So, check what I said firstly and we will think what to do then, when we'll know the results.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.