I've had this computer for several years. My wife uses it and recently acquired a virus that forced me to take the hardrive out, connect it to my own PC, and run a virus scan to clean it. When I reinstalled it, the computer would no longer turn on. NOTHING happens when I push the power button.

I always turn off the power supply and remove the power cable when working on my computers. I checked and rechecked all connections in case something was bumped. I tried removing the Hard Drive again. Nothing.

The motherboard is an Asus P5N32-E sli. There is a power light on the board and it faintly flickers rapidly. My own motherboard is an Asus P5E and that power light doesn't flicker at all. The power supply in the computer is 700W.

Any ideas?

I hit "Post Thread," got up, pushed the power button one last time, and it fired up. I guess it just needed a little charging time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.