When I switch on the power light comes on then off,H/drive light comes on then off,multi bay light comes on then off
Number lock light stays on and so does the capslock and scroll light .The screen stays blank and there is no noise from the H/drive or floppy .The fan stays off as well.Any Ideas what is causing this .
The battery is new as is the H/drive.I tried with the power pack but it's still the same .Its driving me crazy., Answers to the asylum or my email.

Thanks J

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The system is not completely dead if the lights come on. It sounds like you are getting some kind of a POST error. Try removing the memory and reseating. If you have more than one stick, try them one at a time. Remove the battery and the AC adapter and then press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Then try starting with the battery removed (Laptop?) and only the AC adapter connected. Reply with the manufacturer and model number of your computer (laptop?) and I should be able to give a littler more information.

Hi BugZ It's Compaq Armada 7400 laptop.I've tried your suggestions and still no luck .I tried with the floppy and with the cd, with and without the hard drive.I appreciate your help and if you have any more ideas I'd like to here them . Thanks a lot Jim

It's possible the processor has worked loose from its connector and is making poor contact. I have seen this happen on several Gateway Solo 2500's with the MMC-1 processor. That might be worth a try on your laptop if you are up to disassembling it that far.

the processor is held in by 4 screws,Ialready swapped it but no luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.