numan 0 Newbie Poster

I have a very serious problem with my newly bought computer. I have just bought

Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz 2mb L2 prescott 630
Intel Mobo D915GAV-L
Casing + PSU 350W
MSI Geforce 6600GT 128MB (Nx6600gt TD128E)

and I have some old things which i plug in my new system (mention below)

Kingstone 512MB 400Mhz Ram
Seagate 40Gb Baracoda HDD
LG Combo drive
Creative Live 7.1 SoundCard
Lucent Modem
Fly Video TV tuner

I assemble my computer and install Windows XP pro SP2 (HT enabled in the bios while installing windows). When i completed windows installation and install the driver of Creative Live 7.1 soundcard (Full software instal not only the driver) my computer freezes. I restart my pc and install other drivers (modem, Grafics card..) at this time my system works great. When i again install the Creative soundcard softawre+driver system again held (totaly freez). I restart my pc and this time I Disable HT in the bios then i again install my soundcard drivers now system does not freez and the installtion is completed sucssesfuly. I resatrt my pc and enbale HT in bios and when windows start and loads the soundcard software at startup the system again frezzes. I change the pci slot of the card but it dosent work.

I reinstall the windows (HT enabled in the bios) but this time Windows XP Pro 2002 (not sp2), install the soundcard software-driver(whole cd installation) and my PC install the software without freezing.
I install other softwares and drivers but system does not freeze. But when i install the SP2 Patch
(SP2 upgradation) after restarting my system again freezes on the loading of soundcard software+driver.

When I enable HT in bios system helds and when i disable it system does not freeze.

Whats the problem? What should i do.
I am realy confuse about it. I want to enable HT but it freezes. Plz help me. My soundcard drivers are latest.
If someone helps me i ll be greatly thankful to him.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.