Right, basicly sent my computer away to be fixed and the buggers formatted my hardrive as part of the process. They tried to migrate it onto a new hardrive but the image wouldn't ghost(not entirely sure why as of yet)

so I have two hardrives one with virtully nothing on it(just windows xp a virus checker and DVD playing software) and one with aboutt 100gigs of stuff that I would quite like to get hold of again.

What software(please let it just be doable with software) and what is the procedure for getting it back. If its not a software solution or is quite complicated how much should i be looking to pay for someone to sort it out for me, baring in mind i'm from England.

help will be muchappreacited although i wont have the formatted hardrive for another two days yet.

cheers

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

kained,

I've got just what you're looking for. (aren't you happy?)

GETDATABACK: http://www.runtime.org/

I use it all of the time for crashed hard drives. I've tried a few other programs here and there, but for some reason I keep going back to this one. It's simple and easy to use. Just plug in the formatted HD into your system as slave, and boot up. Install GETDATABACK, run it, and select the slave drive, whatever options you want, and GO!

It may take awhile, but it will be worth it.

When it's completed it will open an explorer type window. DON'T CLOSE THIS WINDOW. If you do, you'll have to go through the entire process again.

J_

that is exactly what im looking for cheers. now to find a student edition.

bakerskin,

SprinRite recovers data from damaged sectors. kained's problem is recovering files that were deleted in a format, not inacceable due to sector damage.

J_

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.