Hello, I am having a problem burning a cd using the built in drive in my laptop. I am receiving the following error message. "Cd copier could not detect any supported cd recorders. Please ensure your cd-recorder is properly connected. If the problem persists, please re-install Easy Cd Creator".

I have already reinstalled roxio's cd creator platinum twice, but i'm still getting this message. Anyone know what my problem could be? Thanks in advance.

Ps I am using xp and my laptop is a compaq presario 900 series.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

Sounds like you need to goto the control panel >> system >> device manager >> and uninstall your CD. I'd then uninstall Roxio. Reboot. Reinstall your CD Burner using the drivers from your manufacturer or those attained online. Reboot. Reinstall Roxio.

You should be set. If not, your drive could be going bad...I'd go to your laptop manufacturer and get assistance.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-211DX Notebook PC and I'm unable to burn any music files to cd, and i have been using the same brand as always when burning music in the past, when I inseert a cd it states please insert a blank cd...can you please help me resovle this problem I've been having for always 3weeks now

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.