Hello, I was wondering if any Toshiba experts out there could help me with a little problem I was having. I have an older Toshiba Tecra 8100 that won't boot. I had the motherboard replaced a while back and when I got it back it worked perfectly, except for that the sound card didn't work. The internal speakers worked fine. I bought a used sound card off ebay and installed it, after having removed the power supply, battery, and memory. I replaced the sound card, and worked in reverse to reassemble everything, but now my Tecra won't boot! When I power it up, the power light comes on, but the fan doesn't start up, and the display is completely blank. I check to see if I had dislodged anything, but the display connection appears to be okay. I'm fairly certain that I screwed something up during the process of replacing the sound card, but I can't figure out what. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tecra-ates

Contributors
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by BuggZ

It's possible the sound board you got is either defective or may not be the correct one for your laptop. I would also check the memory to make sure it is seated properly. The problem is the laptop is not completing POST for some reason. I would remove the sound board and try it with the old one. If it still won't post let me know and I'll try to dig up some more information.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.