Ok i have an iBook G4 (10.4 tiger) and i want to print using a LaserWriter 16/600 PS printer. I can not figure out how to set it up in OS X. According to apple's website it is still supported by 10.4. I want it to go through my liksys wireless router, and use it as a network printer. It has a funny ethernet port (see photo of same type of ethernet) and i have a cord with one end that fits the printer and the other fits like a regular 10baseT ethernet. i cannot get the printer to show up on the iBook or the iMac G3 (9.2) It will print however on a colorclassic running 7.5.5 using a regular old apple printer cable. :?: any ideas??? Thanks!

[IMG]http://www.holmsund.nu/karlsson/public/Macar/Quadra-840-AV/Ethernet/Ethernet.jpg[/IMG]

That port is called AAUI.

When you power the printer on, it should be spitting out a test page with the IP address on it. Try telneting to that IP address and setting up the printer's particulars.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.